search instagram arrow-down

Recent Posts

3(afternoon) to 5 June

3(afternoon) June

After parting ways with Nick we took a nice quick flight to Edinburgh that was slightly delayed.

Once we landed and went through passport control, we took the tram into the city to meet Jer’s dad.

We walked around city a little bit before deciding to get drinks at Rose Street Brewery for the Champions League Final.

After drinks we went over to have dinner at Mussel Inn. And the mussels at Mussel Inn were wonderful.

We then made our way back to hotel to call it a night.

4 June

We were all up early because dad and Jer had to go watch the Scottish National team practice.

But before we had a quick breakfast at Taste of Italy around the corner from the hotel.

Jer will let you know how his time went working while I was exploring:

After breakfast we hopped on the bus out to Heriot-Watt University. We had made contact with a player who was a veteran on the team and had spent some time in the US so since the weekend worked out he said we should come watch practice as they got ready for an upcoming tournament. We were able to meet him and the coaching staff and a few players and make some good connections for when we will be bringing teams over in the future. After practice we headed back to the bus and made our way back into the city to meet back up with Kasey.

While the guys were gone I walked all over the city. But first I needed to find an ATM. I Googled HSBC and there wasn’t one far from the hotel. Of course the ATM was broken and I ended up walking for an extra 30 minutes. At least it wasn’t raining. I then found a Sunday market at Stockbridge Market where I had a cup of coffee, got some snacks and souvenirs and got lunch for later. You could tell it was geared more for locals getting their produce, cheese and meats for the week.


After the market I took the long way back to the hotel through some beautiful homes that I had to take pictures of.


The guys were back around 2 and out to lunch at The Empress of Broughton Street which was complete with local beer for Jer and cider for me.

After lunch, we went back to the hotel to drop off some stuff because we decided it was time to go walk around and explore the city.

We first went up Calton Hill which was a harder walk than anticipated. But the views we very rewarding over all of Edinburgh.

We then walked up and down to the Royal Mile starting at Palace of Holyroodhouse making our way up the hill all the way to Edinburgh Castle. We stopped at the big places along the way thanks to Rick. We even enjoyed some dancing and music along the way.


We then walked down to take a picture of the castle from below before the rain blew in. We couldn’t get into the castle because they were setting up for a big military parade.


We then stopped at Deacon Brodies Tavern for pre-dinner drinks, and to avoid the rain.

We then made our way a few blocks to the Outsider Restaurant for dinner (another Rick recommendation). It was so good and we had an awesome view. I had to get the mussels for dinner again.


After dinner we took a nice long walk back to hotel getting to see the city as it got dark (well kind of at 10:30).


5 June

This morning we got up a little later and had an amazing breakfast at Soderberg Bakery Shop, not far from our hotel. (The reason we are able to travel today is because it is Pentecost Monday in France which is a holiday).

After breakfast we went to the Scottish National Gallery for some art. Thanks to Rick we made our way through the gallery.


After the museum we went up to the Royal Mile and actually got inside St. Giles Cathedral. However, Jer had to pay 2 Euro for the right to take pictures inside. Totally worth it.


We then went to the National Museum of Scotland. Also, thanks to Rick we were able to do a self guided tour.

We stopped for a late lunch at Villager. It was a little eclectic but very good.

We then went back to the hotel to quickly finish packing and got on the tram to airport around 4. Saying goodbye to Jim.

After a quick tram trip and quickly through customs and a small delay we were on our way home.

We were back in the apartment by 11:30.

Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: